Monday, March 5, 2012

62 / 366

I was supposed to finish my novel for sure before I went out. However ... if I have learned anything about myself during the past two months it's that I can procrastinate really well and no amount of threatening myself is ever going to change that. I'll just have to accept myself for what it is. 

Today was a big day. HUGE. I mean, huge for anyone at my school who cares at all about the basketball team. Because today, we claimed the Division I Championship for the third time in the row. THREEPEAT! The school organized a couple of charter buses to take us to Power Balance, and my friends and I ended up riding in the bus with the cheerleaders. We were a little behind schedule so I was scared that we were going to be late and miss the first part of the game and be humiliated by all the Jesuits. However, the game in front of us (I think it was Division I Girl's?) went into double overtime, so we ended up being pretty early.

Before the game, the guys from Jesuit (who is our top rival school when it comes to basketball) were being total douches and it totally confirmed for me that private school kids are the baddest kids. There was so much disrespect going on but, hey, I guess we would be disrespectful to them too if we had lost seven games in a row to them including two Division I championship games! Pretty much the entire stadium was filled with their people, since I guess a lot of alumni showed up and their guys were coming out full-force. And their cheers were actually pretty intimidating since they're an all-boys school so there was all kinds of deep-voiced testosterone going on lol. However, no amount of pent-up man-hormones could let them win! Our boys are legacies, and everyone hates us haha. 

There was some sort of celebration in the bus on the way back which included dancing to whitepeoplesongs and generally being really obnoxious to the people that were sleeping. Sorry guys, but you really should be more pumped up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment