Thursday, March 22, 2012

78

I went to the church in which I grew up today, since my uncle was preaching there. It always makes me a little sad and awkward going here because I definitely grew up with these people (many of who are my own age) and a lot of them are family, but after my parents decided to relocate to another, I pushed everyone away as usual and became that weird girl who sits in the corner during all the family parties. But even though everything from the people to the interior has changed, I still feel like this small family church is mine, not the huge one we go to every Sunday with too many people and no friends. Anywho, it was a very nice service and I was inspired, as usual. It was amazing to see how much these young people have grown in their faith and it inspired me to do the same, as well.

After, we went out with my uncles and aunt and grandma and grandpa to Chipotle, which was bomb as usual. When we got home, I tried to watch a bit of March Madness but knocked out almost as soon as I lay down, so that was kind of a fail. I woke up to voices in the kitchen and learned that we were having a barbecue. Eventually everyone came and I ate and talked and played foosball and whatnot with my cousins. Also my seven-year-old niece stole my phone and texted my friends haha. Good day overall, the only downside being that I had school the next day. Booo.

No comments:

Post a Comment