Thursday, March 22, 2012

77

Erm hello this is my new best friend. But I suppose, to tell that story, I'll have to give you some background ..

My uncle is visiting us from the Philippines, and as every NorCal resident knows, there is nothing to show these people but the bay area. So today we took a family field trip with him and my aunt and uncle to my favorite city in the entire world, San Francisco! The first stop was the pier, and I was just chilling with my brobro while the old people took pictures of the sea lions that hang out in groups and stuff when he was like "Erica, look!" and I look and I see this lone sea lion swimming on the opposite side of the pier. And we got all excited and got closer and then it dived under and we were all disappointed until it surfaced right underneath us basically. And when I said hi, that sea lion smiled at me and then floated casually staring up at me while I talked and cooed to it because basically I am the Sea Lion Whisperer. But then my mom came to see what we were staring at and it went away sob. Still, that was a crazy ass experience because stupid as it sounds I feel like I connected with him in some way.

The rest of the trip was not so eventful. We went to find the Jollibee but found that it was closed, so we headed to Daly City to go to the Jollibee there but it was hella crowded as usual so we just ended up at L&L eating sub-par Hawaiian food. And after that I fell asleep in the car but apparently we stopped by the Golden Gate Bridge before heading home. We went to my aunt & uncle's house for a while, then to Pho Dynasty again for food. I was pretty upset that I missed the NorCal Final game, but GUESS WHAT. WE WON. HUSKY NATION BABY. We're going to state and it's the first time my school has ever felt any kind of collective school spirit and UGH. The best weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment