Thursday, March 8, 2012

67 / 366

Ugh. I'm having one of those days when I just hate my face and everything about it. I noticed that I hadn't posted any pictures on this blog for ages, so I went to just take a really fast one and I realized how ugly I've become lately. I think it's most closely related to the state of my skin; I've never felt so ugly before, and I've never had such extreme skin problems before. jkalsfjdkl.

Anyways. It felt like a Friday today, and so I kept on remembering it was actually Thursday and was a little bummed out each time. It's a spirit week and today was hippie day, so I don't know. I guess people thought it was totally cool to come to school hella baked (or pretend like they were) so I was incredibly distracted during all of my classes except English, because my teacher don't play haha. Also, I'm starting to remember just how much I enjoy literature. There's nothing like a healthy nerd-debate over syntax and diction to get your brain juices flowing, and I have a pretty good group in that class so I'm constantly being enlightened. Invisible Man is a ridiculouuuuus read now that I'm rereading it and looking closely at all the symbolism and whatnot; there's a deeper meaning behind pretty much every single sentence and it's so fun (for me) to try to piece it together. I really enjoy the English language okay. On the other hand, it's making me feel like crap about my own writing, so my novel is just going to the wayside, basically.

On a totally unrelated note, I was on Facebook today and I realized that it's my cousin's twenty-first birthday, and this is just ridiculous. He will always be the four-year-old kid who poked me in the eye when I was a baby and we were living in the same house. I'm getting to be crazy nostalgic.

ALSO. I don't know how I keep forgetting to mention this but there were some updates on Facebook so I've updated two posts with pictures .. I believe they were 20 and 41? I don't know, something like that. In case you wanted to be a stalker!

No comments:

Post a Comment